Ellis D. Kinney Swimming Pool
GPS: N37 38 39.27 W98 43 50.45
The land, where the Ellis D. Kinney Swimming Pool is located, was acquired in 1928 at a sheriff’s sale. In 1931 the citizens of Pratt approved a recreation bond of $35,000.00 for the construction of the pool. The municipal pool project was aided by labor from the Works Progress Administration (WPA), and the bonds were paid off by the city light fund.
The pool and bath house have been up-dated several times over the years. The pool was official named in honor of Ellis D. Kinney in 1998.