Kids that play sports have shown significant improvement for both physical & mental well-being! Here is an overview of five ways youth sports benefit kids:
1. Improved Physical Health: Keeping your child active reduces the risk of Childhood obesity, which is at an all-time high. Playing sports also can support a long-term exercise habit into adulthood.
2. Improved Mental Health: Exercise reduces the levels of cortisol in your child, which results in a lowered level of stress. It also releases endorphins, the “feel-good” hormone produced by the body.
3. Promotes Social Connections: Sports can help build social skills by brining children together, encouraging interaction and creating a community that revolves around working together.
4. Improves academic Performance: Playing sports teaches educational qualities such as critical thinking and determination. This results in an increased academic achievement throughout their development.
5. Teaches Important Life Skills: Participation in sports increases personal responsibility, self-control, empowerment and more. These skills help a child develop the ability to set goals, manage time and become a leader.